the scavenger hunt spoke to me because that is the method I use now to serve multiple functions: as a fun way to see how well someone knows the research system, to refresh their skills/minds, and as a test after a series of classes. there are only so many "facts" you can quiz someone about using the research system... after that it's really more important for them to actually try to put it into action. This was my AH=HA moment but more for what I think is lacking in my team's (at work) webinar series.
EdWeb
So I have to admit that I know in my head what i want to do but:
a). feel overwhelmed by the process I am about to undertake -- the form is a bit intimidating (i.e. the sections and learning objectives, etc.) and I'm not sure if I can do what I want/envision ... is it too advanced for me, is it not what I'm supposed to be doing, is it a waste/pointless b/c there are people in my company (the Education department) who are already doing these things?
b). am mentally torn in prepping for both projects at once
c). have avoided putting the analysis section to paper -- i have saved everything though!
Sample Websites
1. Kirsten Morton (adult): http://thunder1.cudenver.edu/ilt/elearning/edweb_morton/index.html
I really liked this one ... it was simple but informative; the icons were cute and relevant; and the memory aids were helpful.
2. Betsy McNair (adult): http://thunder1.cudenver.edu/ilt/elearning/mcnair_edweb/index.html
This one was very detailed and thorough in how it moved step-by-step ... it wasn't as easy for me to understand b/c it didn't apply to me so the various steps kind of overwhelmed me a bit (in terms of info intake) but I liked that each button on the left had its corresponding sub-parts ... I really really liked the fill in the blank portion in the middle of the process that was brought to use later. that was neat!
3. Kim Baker (adult): http://www.wildhorseeducation.com/
This one was great b/c the modules were distinct and each listed their learning objective very clearly; the assessment was fun to take and I liked the summary at the end (just before the assessment). (there were actually two distinct tutorials!) The additional resources were appropriate and interesting. I liked this one a lot!
4. Kathleen Brady (adult): http://thunder1.cudenver.edu/ilt/elearning/brady/index.html
This site had lots of interactive things (aka DO Activities)-- for example, I liked how you could do your pre-work right from the site ... also, you could print the checklist for the unit, there were case studies and quick references and self-tests ... and there were even "CONNECTION ACTIVITIES" ... agahghag, this site integrated everything we've talked about so far!!!! a very good example!
5. Jen McDonald (adult): http://home.comcast.net/~JenEd830/school/wle/index.html
This one had the ability to "test out" of a module and move ahead to the next (if you got all the questions right) as well as a neat demonstration to reinforce an element of computer graphics just learned (scaling an image and pixelation) ... that was really neat. I liked this one as an example as well!
