Saturday, October 18, 2008

Belated Unit 6 post

Fav.or.ites
My favorite part of Unit 6 was going to and actually using del.icio.us ... unfortunately, it's like numerous other fun tools that I find on the internet -- I FORGET TO USE THEM!!! what good is that? So instead of finding a website I want to remember and bookmarking it, I end up having to use the folders (including sent) in my various email accounts (too many) to relocate things ... or I have to browse through the WAY TOO many favorites that I've saved.

I also do this with www.rememberthemilk.com -- i love this because you can send an email to righ to this site with a one line entry of a to-do item and it is populated in your to-do list. Once again, what good is that if I never check my rememberthemilk?

This all is closely intertwined with a related problem that happens when finding various websites to enjoy and make use of later ... I have TOO many passwords to remember to get into them all -- especially if it's something i don't use for a long time! ahghaghag.

Do-Type Activities
For our webinar group there were only so many things that we could do ... I think we have a few good ideas ... but I am not sure. The Do-Type Activity question is one of the basic reasons I took this course - how to integrate learner-interaction within a webinar. We're the podcasting/RSS group so we may have people listen to one or make one themselves but those would be after the fact and i'm not sure if that counts?