Saturday, November 1, 2008

Unit 9

So putting together the EdWeb Analysis portion was EXHAUSTING. seriously. Just the terminology alone was exhausting to get my mind around ... between class and Horton there were so many sets of words (and then Bloom's and everyone else in between).
--Some of the words sound so similar (goal; objective; outcome)

I think that this type of project (not necessarily the EdWeb itself but the writing of the document) is the only way to really bring together the reading material and truly understand and process what we're learning ... so it was good to do; but, I wish that we could have done bits and pieces of it earlier. That way if we were way off the mark we could have been righted before we wasted too much time down the wrong path. but as Jackie probably saw from my at the last moment email, it's not like I knew what I was doing a long time ago!

Also, perhaps some of the smaller activities along the way could have been more application based of the material that we were going to have to put together to form the EdWeb ... like how we needed to (or really had the option of) looking at samples from last year and rating them ... that was a good idea. maybe one exercise could have been a list of 'activities' and we had to say whether they were do / absorb / etc. I suppose some of the discussion boards were a method of working through the material but maybe I'm just realizing that I don't learn that way ... For example, the CARPing exercise was very good for me ... we didn't get the best grade but I think it was because it was hard to verbalize what I was seeing but not becuase I didn't understand the concepts. CARP is clearer than CIV -- I needed my CIV chart with me to do that exercise whereas I could write down CARP and remember it.

I will also be honest while i'm up here ... the group stuff ... no good. It is sooo hard to find a mutually agreeable time to talk on the phone; email is definitely better than the discussion board; but still it has been very hard to function as a team and the webinar project has me nervous in the service as they say -- without any dislike to my team members, just a frustration with the process. You're alone yet together. it's weird.

I still think that doing two big projects at once is hard!

As usual, I love all of the fun activities ... I think the YEARBOOK has been the best ever. but Wordle was fun too; i couldn't decide which version I wanted to use! It was a little frustrating b/c I had to download a new version of Java, but no biggie. http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/282690/old_town_favs

It reminded me of this artist that I like: http://www.posillicostudio.com/Word_06/word_06_1.htm