- Group Assignments in the Computer World
That working with a group online is more difficult than I thought it would be -- I don't have a traditional desk job where I go to a computer every day -- sometimes I just use my blackberry as I roam the city going from appointment to appointment-- so with group assignments in this class I am forced to make sure that I get on the computer every day ... I was planning on using Fridays and Saturdays as Homework Days and Tuesday nights as Homework nights ... this is not going to work -- i will have to be checking the discussion boards and email and the course home daily ... this will be a change but hopefully not a challenge. What is most disappointing is that I have always been a very good student; school has come easy to me and I have for the most part always enjoyed school. I don't NOT ENJOY (forgive the double negative) this course, but I'm having trouble finding a rhythm ... and I think for me, rhythm and structure are very important.
- Software and Computer Glitches / Troubles are FRUSTRATING!
- My first set of teammates are super helpful, quick learners, and very articulate.
- Without having even broached learning strengths like visual, kinesthetic, and auditory, there are Common Learning Methods... such as
1). The importance of "social learning" -- Collaborate (w/peers,
students, family, friends)
2). Creativity
3). Personalization
4). Empowerment
5). Emotional Engagement
6). Hands-On / Practice / Assimilate learning into real-life
activities
7). Relevance
8). Preparation
9). Organization
10). Avoid extraneous info
11). Allow learners to control their learning environment so they can
use methods that will help them the best
- No matter how busy I am, going to my boxing classes is my favorite thing to do!